Useful resources and contacts
Key Carey contacts
- Main Reception Kew: 9816 1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carey Donvale: 8877 8500 or email@example.com
- Junior School Kew: 9816 1313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School Kew: 9816 1363 or email@example.com
- Senior School Kew: 9816 1205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Learning contacts
Below are the main contacts for inquiries regarding student learning at Carey. Please contact you school section or Main Reception, who will forward your queries onto the relevant people.
- Carey Donvale Deputy Head: Margaret Adams
- Junior School Kew Deputy Head of Student Learning: Lee Taylor
- Carey Donvale Director of ELC: Anne Fahey
- Junior School Kew Director of ELC: Wendy Seidler
- Head of Teaching and Learning, Middle and Senior School: Yasmine McCafferty
- Middle School Deputy Head – Student Learning: Meredith Plaisted
- Senior School Deputy Head – Student Learning: Frederique Petithory
- VCE Co-ordinator: Connie Black
- IB Co-ordinator: Baljit Marwa
Some reputable and interesting resources to keep you up-to-date.
- COVID-19 self-assessment
- DHHS COVID-19 site
- Australian Government COVID-19 informational videos
- Raising Children coronavirus guide for families
- Independent Schools Victoria’s Parents Website
- Royal Children’s Hospital video – Supporting your child through COVID-19
- Australian Government Coronavirus App, available on iOS and Android
- Australian Government WhatsApp Feature (download WhatsApp for iOS or Android)
- COVIDSafe App, available on iOS and Android
- Mental health support for students can be found on the Support page
- Victorian Government information video: Guidance for the use of PPE in Education Settings
- National Coronavirus Helpline: 1800 020 080
- Victorian Coronavirus Hotline: 1800 675 398
- Nurse-On-Call: 1300 60 60 24
As you are likely aware, SchoolTV is a great resource for you to access for free as a Carey parent. The program is run by world-renowned child psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg and is full of useful advice and practical tips to help you and your children through their schooling years.
Due to current world events relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, SchoolTV will be suspending its current planned rollout of scheduled content which is part of the Positive Parenting Series. There is an obvious need in our communities for trusted, fact-based and calm information – capable of moving us forward positively through these difficult circumstances. Therefore, SchoolTV will instead provide a series of special reports targeted at supporting schools, parents and young people through these challenging times in response to developments as they occur.
SchoolTV have produced a number of videos and sets of resources relating to COVID-19:
- Special Report: The transition back to school
- Special Report: Coronavirus – a guide for parents
- Special Report: Preparing for remote learning
- Special Report: Dealing with disappointment
- Special Report: Junior School student wellbeing
- Special Report: Middle and Senior School student wellbeing
We think you may also find the following SchoolTV topics useful during this time:
- Physical activity and exercise
- Youth anxiety
- Social media and digital reputation
Carey students, staff and parents can access ebooks and online resources from the Library at home. OverDrive, Bolinda, Wheelers and Audible are great for wide reading ebooks and audiobooks. You can also follow the CLI Library's instagram for books suggestions, fun facts and library updates!
How to log in
- Carey Library Online: Carey\login and school password.
- Bolinda: first name.surname and school password.
- OverDrive & Wheelers: Carey\login and school password.
Audible is also offering free audiobooks for students of all ages while they are unable to go to school through Audible Stories.