Term 4 Carey sport is up and running with our First Teams and rowers in full flight at their various matches and regattas.
Term 4 is a busy time for rowing at Carey – we have over 180 students enrolled in our rowing program! Some of the highlights so far include:
- Goulburn Regatta, Saturday 26 October – Several Senior and Year 10 crews raced, the senior boys won the division one and two quad sculls.
- Rowing season launch, Friday 15 November at the boatsheds – what a night, where we christened six new boats!
And some upcoming events to look forward to:
- Melbourne Head Regatta, Saturday 23 November – Carey is racing in 35 different time-trial events down the Yarra River
- Carey Junior Regatta at Nagambie Lakes, Saturday 30 November – a Rowing Victoria regatta that is organised by the Carey Boat Club for all our Year 9 and 10 crews
- The Carey Boat Club Parents Head of the Yarra regatta, Saturday 7 December – an opportunity for parents to be involved with a handicap racing on the Yarra.
Jamie Makes a Ton!
Congratulations to Year 8 student Jamie Shephard who made an unbeaten 108 against Scotch in the Year 8A APS Cricket match last weekend. Scotch won the toss and batted on a very good wicket. Carey’s bowlers were good early and at the drinks break had Scotch 5/100 from 25. Some inconsistent bowling, good batting and a strong partnership saw them set 221 for victory from 50.
Carey’s run chase was excellent with a fantastic 80-plus run partnership from Jamie Shepherd and Joseph Klotz for the second wicket. Jamie, in a special performance, finished with an unbeaten 108. Unfortunately though, Carey finished on 8/195. The boys took the game deep and competed hard all the way, an awesome effort!
Carey Gym Club
Please join the Carey Gym Club for their annual presentation night on Friday 22 November in the Ian Woolf Auditorium at 6.00pm. You'll see the wonderful routines our girls have spent this year working on and performing, and hear about what the club's been up to. Free entry, all welcome!
Sports Training Times 2020
The co-curricular sport training nights will change in 2020. This has been done to manage the moderate enrolment growth, to enable greater access to our Bulleen facility and to facilitate easier bus pick up and drop off.
In 2020, the compulsory Sports and Activities training nights will be as follows:
Monday: No training
Tuesday: First teams and Years 9/10
Wednesday: Years 7/8
Thursday: First teams and Years 11/12
Friday: No training
Head of Sport