General Excellence Scholarship
Carey Baptist Grammar School is pleased to offer a number of General Excellence Scholarships for Year 7, Year 10 and Year 11. Carey Scholarships are open to both new and current students for entry into Year 7, Year 10 and Year 11.
The Applicant (Selection Criteria):
Carey Baptist Grammar School General Excellence Scholarships are awarded to students who:
- are performing at an exceptional level in an APS sport and competing at a representative, State or National level
- will act as a role model at all times
- will use their talents to the best of their ability and will provide support and encouragement to other Carey students
- will uphold full commitment to their specialised co-curricular activity at Carey – an exemption may be made for representative State and National competitions and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- engage in a range of school-based, community and other co-curricular activities
- demonstrate leadership potential and actively take on new challenge
- will uphold the School’s values, acting in a spirit of inclusiveness and openness towards everyone within the school community
- Will contribute positively to the co-curricular House and voluntary school activities and demonstrate good citizenship at all times.
The School will review any scholarship awarded on an annual basis. Should these conditions not be maintained, the School reserves the right to withdraw scholarships. The scholarship will be tenable to the completion of Year 12 provided that the applicant’s academic achievement, behaviour and involvement in the co-curricular program are met in line with the expectations of the scholarship.
1. Read and understand Terms and Conditions attached to the Expression of Interest form below.
2. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview and tour of the School with The Head of Sport and Activities. The most recent school report, NAPLAN results and supporting documents will be requested at this time.
3. If your child meets the Selection Criteria as outlined on your Expression of Interest form, they will be requested to sit an academic test (Edutest). Carey is an academic school and therefore seeks to maintain a high level of academic results across all school sections. All students applying are expected to perform consistently well in their academic and co-curricular endeavours.
4. Final interview with Principal to advise if application is successful.
Please note: Personal CVs, reports, newspaper clippings, certificates, medals, trophies, results, and Letters of Recommendation are not required at this point of the application process.
Unsuccessful applicants will receive notification once the selection process has been finalised. This process can take several months to complete.
Scholarships cover 50 per cent remission of tuition fees. They do not cover the cost of application and entry fees, books, uniform computers or consolidated fees. Please refer to our 2021 Fee Schedule.
For more information, please contact Paul Jepson, our Head of Sport and Activities.
Paul Jepson, Head of Sport and Activities