COVID-19 Information Hub
The situation in relation to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing quickly and each day presents a new challenge. This information hub is a place where Carey families and our broader community can be kept up-to-date with Carey’s response to the evolving situation.
To find out more information about the COVID-19 disease and the latest updates from the Victorian Government, visit the Department of Health and Human Services coronavirus information page.
Please explore the following pages for more information:
- For updates about the cancellation and postponement of Carey events and co-curricular activities, see Events and co-curricular
- To see answers to helpful and commonly asked questions, see FAQs
- For contact details of key Carey staff and for student mental health advice, see Support
- For links to more information and resources you might find helpful in navigating the current situation, see Useful resources
Latest Update (Thursday 1 October)
I write to you today to confirm arrangements for the start of Term 4 following Sunday’s announcement from the Premier which makes it possible for us to bring some students back to school earlier than was previously foreshadowed. Term 4 will unfold in the following way:
Monday 5 October
- ELC students return to on-campus learning
- Prep to Year 12 remote learning commences.
Wednesday 7 October
- The GAT will be undertaken on campus for all Year 12 students and some Year 11 students.
Monday 12 October
- All students from Prep to Year 7 and Years 11 to 12 return to on-campus learning*
- Years 8 to 10 continue remote learning (Year 10 students who have VCE Unit 2 classes may attend campus only when they have scheduled Unit 2 classes).
Monday 26 October
- Years 8, 9 and 10 students return to on-campus learning.*
Onsite supervision for children of permitted workers
- Arrangements will continue unchanged from the week commencing Monday 5 October.
As students return to onsite learning, we are fully focussed on maintaining the health and safety of all students and staff and specific directions will follow for each section of the School. Mask wearing and social distancing will be monitored closely in addition to the need for temperature checking at the start of every day as students and staff enter the School.
We would ask all parents to observe the requirement not to enter the School grounds (other than those signing in ELC children) and to stay in cars when dropping children off at school. We remind families also to err on the side of caution should a student not be well and seek medical advice should they be showing or experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
We look forward to returning to onsite operations over the coming weeks and thank you once again for your co-operation as we work to keep the learning environment safe for all.
*Updated Monday 5 October