About

Our History

Carey was founded in 1923 with the support of the Baptist Union of Victoria, initially as a day and boarding school for boys. Our school is named in honour of Revd. Dr William Carey, a Baptist missionary and self-taught language scholar who dedicated much of his life to humanitarian work in India in the 18th Century. His life of service, faith and commitment to learning are central to the core of the School’s philosophy today.