Health and Physical Education Teacher
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and motivated professionals to apply for the fixed-term position of Health and Physical Education Teacher at our Kew campus commencing Term 2, 2018.
This position is fixed-term for the duration of the 2018 academic year.
Purpose of Role
Responsible to the Leader of Learning, Health & Physical Education, this Secondary Teaching position aims to engage and motivate all students in the concepts of Health and Physical Education. Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellence in their teaching, together with high level skills in the use of technology in the teaching, and learning process.
Studies in the Health and Physical Education disciplines aim to provide opportunities for students to adopt lifelong healthy, active living. The knowledge, understanding and skills taught through Health and Physical Education provide a foundation for students to enhance their own and others‘ health and wellbeing in ever changing contexts. The central focus in Physical and Health Education is the development of the whole person. Our aim is to promote health and wellbeing and life-long participation in physical activity and healthy behaviour patterns.
Duties & Responsibilities
Teachers at Carey are professional people and this is reflected in their teaching and in their relationships with students, parents and other staff members.
- Classroom Management
- Teaching Methodology
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Professional Development
General School Expectations
Carey teachers are fully committed to the aims and ethos of this Christian coeducational International Independent school, and are fully prepared to participate in its co-curricular program. They;
- attend whole of School staff meetings, section of School staff meetings, and other meetings as scheduled
- attend all timetabled lessons on time
- carry out extra duties as required
- assume pastoral care responsibilities as appropriate
- take an active interest in the activities of the School
- carry out administrative requirements
- demonstrate support of School rules in all dealings with students
- attend parent teacher interviews
- attend Speech Night and other designated significant School activities
- attend Chapel services in the section of the School to which they are assigned, as required
- attend School outdoor education or other curriculum based camps.
A full position description can be found here - Position Description - Secondary Teacher.pdf
For further information please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9816 1241.
Applications close 26 February 2018.
Please click here to be redirected to our online application page.