Carey is seeking motivated educators to join our Mathematics and Computing Faculty commencing Term 1, 2020. We are looking to fill a number of positions and are seeking professionals with expertise in one or more of the following:
- A range of Mathematics subjects across Year 7-12
- VCE Further Mathematics Units 1-4
- Digital Technologies and VCE Computing
These positions incorporate teaching across our Middle and Senior School.
Purpose of Role
Responsible to the Leader of Learning, Mathematics and Computing, these Secondary Teaching positions aim to engage and motivate all students in the concepts of mathematics.
Mathematics at Carey provides students with the opportunity to develop the mathematical and technological skills required to fulfil a role as an effective, contributing and progressive member of society.
General School Expectations
Carey teachers are fully committed to the aims and ethos of this Christian co-educational international independent school, and are fully prepared to participate in its co-curricular program. They:
- attend whole of School staff meetings, section of School staff meetings, and other meetings as scheduled
- attend all timetabled lessons on time
- carry out extra duties as required
- assume pastoral care responsibilities as appropriate
- take an active interest in the activities of the School
- carry out administrative requirements
- demonstrate support of School rules in all dealings with students
- attend parent teacher interviews
- attend Speech Night and other designated significant School activities
- attend Chapel services in the section of the School to which they are assigned, as required
- attend School outdoor education or other curriculum based camps.
Carey teachers keep abreast of developments in curriculum and teaching techniques in the areas of their teaching responsibility as well as current developments in educational research and thinking. They contribute to the professional development of other staff members within the School by sharing knowledge, ideas and resources. They acknowledge the role they play in parent education and in keeping the community informed of developments in their profession.
General School Expectations
Carey teachers are fully committed to the aims and ethos of this Christian coeducational International Independent school, and are fully prepared to participate in its co-curricular program.
Skills and Knowledge
- Delivers results and creates a positive environment
- Personal creativity and innovation
- Demonstrates courage and curiosity
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Requirements of the role:
- VIT Registration
- Anaphylaxis Accreditation
- Child Safety Mandatory Reporting Certificate
A full position description can be found here: secondary_teacher_-_mathematics_2019.pdf
For further information please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9816 1414.
Please click here to be redirected to our online application page.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Friday 26 July 2019.