Maintenance & Pool Operations Person
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated professionals for the full-time 12-month fixed-term, position of Maintenance & Pool Operations Person based at our Bulleen campus.
Purpose of Role
Effectively and safely deliver programmed and responsive maintenance to building services, equipment, carparks, paved/sealed sporting surfaces and other areas as directed throughout the Carey Sports Complex located at Bulleen. The role is primarily based at Bulleen Campus, however part or all of the work undertaken by this person may regularly be scheduled at other Carey campuses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake daily and scheduled maintenance of swimming pool operations including pool water testing and recording, chemical dosing, equipment maintenance and pool structure
- Undertake essential services and building maintenance (internal and external) including mechanical, fire, electrical, hydraulic, structure, furniture and fittings at the Carey Sports complex
- Assist with commercial advice and reporting on property maintenance operations
- Undertake daily and scheduled maintenance of all external paved and car park surfaces inclusive of sweeping, clearing of storm water drains, rubbish removal and line marking
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of relationships with external contractors
- Maintain and clean swimming pool surrounds and spectator areas including regular hosing and high-pressure cleaning
- Assistance in the planning, coordination and delivery of minor and medium works projects as directed by the Facilities Manager, Grounds Supervisor and Property Manager
- Assistance in the delivery of programs and events including set up/pack down of sports and event equipment
- Assist grounds team with tasks as required
- Performance of regular duties at other campuses determined by the Property Manager
- Understanding of swimming pool chemistry and general functioning of pool plant room, ability to store and use hazardous chemicals safely within relevant codes and regulations would be an advantage
- Usual hours are 7.30am–4pm, Monday to Friday, however additional work on Saturdays may be required
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Trade qualification relevant to building profession
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building/property maintenance trade
- Experienced in the safe operation of plant and equipment required to undertake all maintenance tasks
A full position description can be found here: position_description_-_maintenance_pool_operations_person.pdf
For further information please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9816 1557.
Please click here to be redirected to our online application page.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Wednesday 29 May 2019.