Integration Aide - Kew
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated professionals for the position of Integration Aide commencing Term 2, 2019 at our Kew campus.
This is a part time (0.6FTE) fixed-term position commencing Term 2 for the duration of 2019 based in our Kew Junior School.
Purpose of Role
Carey attracts students with a wide range of academic abilities. At any given time, the school population includes a significant number of students who require specialist intervention and provision beyond the classroom to support their academic learning.
The Learning Development Centre is committed to investigating and providing the best learning conditions for all students with special needs, in an environment that promotes intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Special Education teachers and classroom teachers with the education of assigned students with identified special needs
- Take direction from Special Education teachers regarding the interventions for special needs students
- Discuss the assistance required and form broad objectives including responsibilities
- Attend hand-over discussions at the start or end of the year
- Maybe asked to attend a Program Support Group Meeting with parents, specialists, classroom teacher and Special Education teachers for communication of the different aspects of everybody’s involvement and responsibilities
- Attend therapy sessions with therapists to observe and discuss the student’s special needs. Obtain the short and long term goals and expectations of the therapist, in writing, and their ideas for the involvement and/or implementation of the therapy program
- Contribute information for the writing of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). Deliver sections of the program to the student with the aid of resources from SLS or the classroom
- Monitor ongoing progress of the student in ILP
- Liaise with Learning Development staff to keep open channels of communication between school, family and therapists
- Meet with Special Education teacher, classroom teacher, specialist and parents to discuss progress of the student
- Keep daily record of activities and observations
A valid Employee Working With Children is a requirement for this position.
For further information please contact the Human Resources Department on 03 9816 1557.
Please click here to be redirected to our online application page.
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday 27 March 2019.