Casual Relief Teachers - Junior School
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated professionals to apply for Casual Relief Teacher opportunities based at our Junior School Kew campus.
Carey’s Junior Schools are vibrant, busy and welcoming. Learning is an exciting journey; our inquiry-based learning approach and tailored curriculum allow each student to develop at their own pace, providing the challenges, encouragement and support every child needs to succeed.
Carey teachers create a learning environment that stimulates interest and purposeful learning in which the dignity of each individual is respected. The physical learning environment can facilitate student interest in learning and takes into account the nature of the learning tasks. Classroom management strategies take into account the age range of students and lead to purposeful learning by students in the class.
Carey teachers communicate with students, parents and their teaching and non-teaching colleagues in a clear, respectful and professional way, thus providing a role model which assists in every student’s development. They;
- communicate clearly and appropriately
- establish rapport with students
- motivate students
- accommodate individual differences in learning rates and styles
- encourage student participation in all aspects of the learning process
- maintain professional confidentiality on information about students while sharing relevant information with their teaching colleagues
- establish effective and cooperative working relationships with teaching and non-teaching colleagues and work as a member of a team.
Please click here to be redirected to our online application page.
Applications close Friday 12 July 2019.