Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and motivated professionals for the position of Humanities Teacher at our Kew Campus, commencing Term 1, 2020. Experience teaching Global Politics and/or Geography is highly desirable.
At Carey, we pride ourselves on providing a curriculum tailored to the interests and abilities of each student. Our focus on ‘real world learning’ also takes students well beyond the boundaries of our campus, particularly through interdisciplinary units. We also understand that life is about more than academic success. The wellbeing of each of our students is of paramount importance at Carey and our House system ensures that each student’s welfare is carefully monitored.
Responsible to the Leader of Learning, this Secondary Teaching position aims to engage and motivate all students in the concepts of Humanities. Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellence in their teaching, together with high level skills in the use of technology in the teaching, and learning process. Experience teaching Global Politics and/or Geography is highly desirable.
Education in Humanities prepares students for their future by broadening their understanding of their world, past and present. The wide range of subjects in the Humanities Learning Area allows students to develop knowledge, skills and values that enable them to participate as active and informed citizens in our own society and in the global community. Teachers at Carey are professional people and this is reflected in their teaching and in their relationships with students, parents and other staff members.
General School Expectations
Carey teachers are fully committed to the aims and ethos of this Christian coeducational International Independent school, and are fully prepared to participate in its co-curricular program. They:
- attend whole of School staff meetings, section of School staff meetings, and other meetings as scheduled
- attend all timetabled lessons on time
- carry out extra duties as required
- assume pastoral care responsibilities as appropriate
- take an active interest in the activities of the School
- carry out administrative requirements
- demonstrate support of School rules in all dealings with students
- attend parent teacher interviews
- attend Speech Night and other designated significant School activities
- attend Chapel services in the section of the School to which they are assigned, as required
- attend school outdoor education or other curriculum based camps.
All teaching staff employed at Carey Baptist Grammar School must hold a valid Victorian Institute Teaching (VIT) registration as a requirement of employment.
A full position description can be found here: Position Description - Secondary Teacher .pdf
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department on 9816 1414.
Please click here to be redirected to our online application page.
Applications close 9 October 2019 at 4.00pm.