Official Opening of the CLI
The Carey community gathered at our Kew Campus on Wednesday 31 August for the official opening of the new Centre for Learning and Innovation. It was a wonderful opportunity for our students to showcase the building to visiting dignitaries, Board members, Old Carey Grammarians, parents, and former staff.
During the official proceedings, the audience heard from:
- Governor of Victoria, Her Excellency the Honourable Linda Dessau AM
- Chair of the School Board, Jane Simon
- Principal, Philip Grutzner
- School Chaplain, Revd Gerry Riviere
- School Captains Eliza Williams and Harry Warmington.
The Governor then revealed the plaque, and all guests were able to explore the many new learning spaces available in the Centre for Learning and Innovation. There was great excitement amongst the different touring parties, many of them led by current students.