Entry to Carey Baptist Grammar School
Carey welcomes all students after it has been determined that we can meet their needs. If you would like to make an appointment for a tour of either of our campuses at Kew and Donvale, please telephone 9816 1242.
For international student applications, please contact the school on 61 3 9816 1242 or email email@example.com for availability of places before applying. Click here to find more information about our International Student Program.
Enrolment Procedure & Policy
Step 1: Complete and submit application form
Step 2: Processing of Application
Applications are accepted for all year levels however our key intake years are as follows: ELC, Prep, Year 7 and Year 10.
All applications are processed and assigned a wait-list status according to our Enrolment Policy (outlined below). A letter acknowledging receipt of your application will then be issued.
Step 3: Progressing your child’s application
As your child’s year of entry approaches, you will receive a letter asking you to confirm your interest in enrolment for the level requested. This applies to students who have applied for key intake years only.
Step 4: Formal Offers
- Offers for entry at Year 7 level will commence 2 years prior to the year of entry. This process can take several months to complete.
- All offers for other year levels will be sent in the year prior to entry.
- Offers may be subject to an interview with the Head of School.
- For entry into the Senior School (Years 10-12) current school reports and performance will be considered. For unsuccessful applications, you will receive notification of this once the enrolment process has been finalised. This applies to students who have applied for key intake years only. The offer process can take several months to complete.
- Please note: Transfer of enrolment between Junior School campuses is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Carey is a co-educational school and as such we endeavour to seek a balance of boys and girls in enrolments. Priority of admission to the school is outlined in our Enrolment Policy as follows:
- to siblings; and children of permanent staff members
- to children of Old Grammarians who apply in the first year after the child’s birth
- to children of other families who apply in the first year after the child’s birth
- by date of application thereafter
Consideration is also given to the children of Baptist Ministers and to children of parents who have recently relocated to Melbourne from interstate or overseas.An application is a prerequisite to admission but not guarantee of admission. A non-refundable application fee of $100 per student is payable.
Step 5: Confirmation of Enrolment
Once an offer is received, families should confirm their acceptance in writing, using the form provided, and pay a non-refundable Confirmation of Enrolment Fee:
- Early Learning Centre – to Year 10 entry: $1000.00
- Year 11 and Year 12 entry: $500.00
Tuition Fee Deposit
For all new families to the school, a deposit against fees will be invoiced in the August of the year prior to commencement at Carey:
Tuition Fee Deposits apply as follows:
- Prep-Year 12: $4000.00
- ELC 5 Days: $3000.00
- ELC Part Time: $1000.00
This fee is subject to change.
It is important that you advise the Admissions Office of any change in your contact details so that we have up-to-date information.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Admissions Office on (03) 9816 1242.