Carey was founded in 1923 with the support of the Baptist Union of Victoria, initially
as a boys’ school. Girls were enrolled for the first time in 1979.
Carey was invited to join the Associated Public Schools of Victoria. In 1998 we introduced the International Baccalaureate to Senior School and in 2001 the
School was accredited by the Council of International Schools.